Planning permission for the club to return to the stadium has been submitted to Merton Council and the campaigners are looking for support for the application. They say:
"The new stadium will bring these benefits to Wimbledon:
- Boosting the local economy in Merton and Wandsworth
- Revitalising a neglected area
- Coaching and educating local children
- Extending award-winning community schemes
- Securing the future of Wimbledon’s football club
They have set up an online form for people to submit comments.